Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Review: Star Wars: Darth Vader and the Ghost Prison #1

images-16
This book is off to a great start. As if the story wasn't compelling enough, the art...wow. It's just an absolute pleasure to behold. To be honest, I could not find any flaw in this comic even if you pay me to.  The story was well crafted. Using the POV of the protagonist, we get to see the how the massess were led to believe that order 66 was a Jedi plot. This is the story of the Galactic Empire back when it's legs we're still pretty young. 


The writing was brilliantly paced. There was never a dull moment and I actually was left hanging with that ending. If my attention was there from start to finish, never wandering off to other thoughts, as what happens sometimes when I read, then I consider that a great comic.

And as I stated before, the art was all sorts of awesome. I'm pretty sure that we would see a lot from this artist in the future!

And when I was reading it, I actually got this feeling that this comic was from another time... I attribute that to the colors that were used. The mood complemented the art quite well. It felt like I was reading this book straight out of the 80s. And that's a good thing.

The characters are interesting enough. The main protagonist is somewhat different from your usual cup of tea. And you sense a certain kind of darkness about him. It would be interesting to know what role he has to play in Star Wars history. Only time would tell if he is destined to be an important character.

All in all, a very solid effort! And this is a first issue, so you know it's going to be reader friendly! I highly recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment