Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Review: Witchblade #152

images-5
My co favorite along with Angel And Faith for pick of the week.  Witchblade is in my top five list of books that you could add to your pull list outside of the big two. The new direction that this book took after the 150th issue is a perfect jumping on point for new readers.  It feels fresh and fun.  Thats the overall atmosphere that I got as I was reading this book.  And those are two important ingredients that I look for in every new comic that I read.  I have already enjoyed the little that I read from Tim Seeley. And this story is interesting as Sarah deals with a threat that is somewhat a distorted version of her own Witchblade.

I'm curious as to how this story would play out as a third party joins the fray and adds a little complication to the mix. 

The art from Diego Bernard is amazing!  It alone is worth the price of admission!  My only complaint is how this book uses a lot of padded on content or what Bendis would like to call "DVD extras" that I feel, for the most part, is completely unecessary. 

But the pros outweigh the cons greatly.  And if this book is not on your pull yet, this is the best time to get in on the action as we are merely two issues from the relaunch.. Quality Stuff from Top Cow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment